Add:East End of Wei'er Road, Fenghuang Industrial Zone,Liaocheng, Shandong Province, China
Is the blood culture bottle pumping aerobic or anaerobic first?
I believe many people will have questions in this regard--Is the blood culture bottle pumping aerobic or anaerobic first? Let us briefly understand the clinical significance and clinical indications of blood culture bottles.
Clinical significance of blood culture：
Blood culture is a basic and important method for diagnosing bacteremia and fungalemia by collecting blood samples from patients and inoculation into culture flasks to detect and identify pathogenic microorganisms causing bacteremia or fungalemia. Blood culture results have extremely important clinical significance for the diagnosis, treatment and prognosis of infectious diseases.
Clinical indication of blood culture：
Patients may have an important indication of blood culture when they have one of the following or have several clinical manifestations:
1 fever (≥38 °C) or low temperature (≤36 °C), more frequent intermittent type, Gram-negative bacilli, such as Escherichia coli infection can be seen bimodal fever;
3 leukocytosis (>10.0×109/L, especially when there is “nuclear left shift”);
4 granulocytopenia (<1.0 × 109 / L);
6 skin, mucosal hemorrhage, common in bacteremia of hemolytic streptococcal infection, typhoid fever can occur on the 4th to 10th day of the typhoid fever, typhus typhus can appear dark red urticaria on the 4th - 6th day;
8 multiple organ failures;
9 blood pressure is lowered;
10 rapid breathing (respiratory rate > 20 / min or CO2 partial pressure < 32mmHg);
And hepatosplenomegaly; joint pain; C-reactive protein, endotoxin, elevated procalcitonin.
The timing of blood culture collection：
As long as the patient is suspected of having a bloodstream infection, blood culture specimens should be taken immediately before considering the use of antibiotics. If the patient has been treated with antibacterial drugs, the culture bottle containing the antibiotic drug adsorbate should be selected and blood cultured before the next antibacterial drug application. Bacteria usually enter the blood 1 hour before chills and fever, and the best time for pathogen culture is to collect blood culture specimens.
The recommended blood volume for adult patients is 20-30 ml, each set is not less than 10 ml, and each bottle is not less than 5 ml, generally 8-10 ml. The recommended blood collection for infants and young children should be less than 1% of the total blood volume of the child, not less than 2 ml per bottle. For laboratories using finished blood culture bottles, sufficient blood samples must be collected as recommended by the blood culture bottle manufacturer.
Blood culture collection sequence：
1. If using straight needle vacuum to collect blood, first take the oxygen demand bottle and then draw the anaerobic bottle.
2. If the butterfly wing needle is used for collection, first take the oxygen demand bottle and then draw the anaerobic bottle. Because the air in the butterfly wing needle connection tube is introduced into the aerobic bottle, the aerobic bottle is first drawn.
3. When collecting with a syringe, the anaerobic bottle should be taken first, and then the aerobic bottle should be taken.
This is because when the blood in the syringe is injected into the blood culture bottle, the air bubbles rise due to the light air, and there is a high possibility that gas is present in the blood in the upper portion of the syringe, and the introduction of oxygen into the anaerobic bottle should be avoided. In short, no matter what type of blood collection method is used, air should be prevented from entering the anaerobic bottle to the utmost extent.
- Blood Cultures Defined
- Blood Culture In Clinic Diagnosis
- Blood Culture
- Type Of Blood Culture In Clinic
- Blood Culture And Disinfection Proc...
- Blood Blood Volume And The Number O...
- AST Introduction
- EC Classification
- AST Methods
- AST Clinical Symptoms
- 12 Recommendations For Standardized...
- Analysis And Solutions Of The Cause...
- Standard Operating Procedures For C...
- The Latest Blood Culture Specimen C...
- New Antibiotics Attack Resistance
- Five Major Considerations For Sputu...
- Blood Culture Is More Important Tha...
- Methicillin-sensitive Staphylococcu...