Add:East End of Wei'er Road, Fenghuang Industrial Zone,Liaocheng, Shandong Province, China
The latest blood culture specimen collection guide 2018
1. Collect blood as much as possible within 30-60 minutes before the peak of fever at the beginning of the patient's chill.
2. Collect blood culture specimens before treatment with antibiotics; if the patient has used antibiotics
For treatment, blood should be collected before the next dose.
3. Blood collection site: usually the elbow vein, it is forbidden to collect blood in the vein of intravenous antibacterial drugs. Unless suspected
Catheter-related bloodstream infections, otherwise blood should not be taken from the indwelling vein or arterial catheter because the catheter is often accompanied
There are colonies present.
4. Blood collection tool: It is recommended to use a commercial vacuum blood culture bottle if the storage temperature of the blood culture bottle is 2-
At 8 ° C, the blood culture flask should be placed at room temperature for about 30 minutes, and then equilibrated to room temperature before blood collection. Same part
It is not recommended to change the needle when collecting two bottles of blood culture.
5. Number of blood collection, blood culture bottle selection: For adult patients, blood samples should be collected at two sites at the same time.
This; each part should be aerobic and anaerobic culture each bottle. For children, they should be in two at the same time
The blood samples are collected from the parts and injected into the children's bottles. The anaerobic bottles are generally not needed unless the child is suspected to be present.
Anaerobic bloodstream infection.
6. Blood collection: The amount of blood collected is an important factor affecting the positive rate of blood culture detection. If the blood collection is too small, it will drop significantly.
Low blood culture positive rate. Adults should inject 5-10ml of blood into the adult bottle every time they are cultured; infants and young children
The child's weight determines the total amount of blood collected, and 2-4 ml of blood is collected per culture bottle (child bottle).
7. Disinfection of skin and blood culture bottles: To reduce the pollution caused by blood culture, such as skin and culture bottle mouth, wear
Before the puncture, the skin and the culture bottle mouth should be disinfected and dried sufficiently to reduce the incidence of false positives.
8. Avoid injecting anaerobic blood culture bottles into the blood vessels.
9. Avoid collecting blood samples at the junction of the intravenous indwelling catheter (such as the heparin cap) to avoid specimen contamination.
1. It is recommended to collect 2-3 sets of peripheral venous blood culture specimens in different parts within 30 minutes before the experience of medication. If 24
Three sets of blood culture specimens were negative within the hour, and it is recommended to collect 3 sets of blood culture specimens for examination.
2. When suspected left endocardial inflammation, arterial blood collection increases the positive rate of blood culture.
3. Catheter-related bloodstream infections: divided into two cases: reserved catheters and non-retained catheters.
4. Retaining the catheter: Take 1 set of blood culture specimens from each of the peripheral veins and the catheter, and mark the collection on the culture flask.
The parts are sent to the microbiology laboratory and cultured at the same time. 2 sets of blood culture detected the same kind of bacteria, and they came from
The blood culture specimen of the catheter is more than 2 hours earlier than the blood culture specimen from the peripheral area.
Broken catheter-related bloodstream infection.
5. No catheter preservation: 2 sets of blood culture specimens were collected in the peripheral vein. At the same time, the extracted ones are taken out by aseptic operation.
The tip of the catheter was 5 cm and was cross-rolled 4 times on a blood plate for examination. Or use ultrasonic vibration to retain bacterial fluid
Kind. Allogeneic bacteria were cultured from the tip of the catheter and peripheral blood, and the colony count of the catheter tip blood plate was counted.
More than 15 CFU makes sense.
Previous: New Antibiotics Attack Resistance
- Blood Cultures Defined
- Blood Culture In Clinic Diagnosis
- Blood Culture
- Type Of Blood Culture In Clinic
- Blood Culture And Disinfection Proc...
- Blood Blood Volume And The Number O...
- AST Introduction
- EC Classification
- AST Methods
- AST Clinical Symptoms
- New Antibiotics Attack Resistance
- Five Major Considerations For Sputu...
- Blood Culture Is More Important Tha...